Thursday, April 7, 2011

Look At My Briefs -- 4/7/11

I don't know where you live but in my neighborhood we're finally getting a bout of warm weather. Since I know you don't care about me or where I live, I've decided to cancel the post I was working on called How To Get Free Money And Blowjobs For Life and instead do another edition of my brief comments on various subjects I like to call Look At My Briefs.

This idea to tell a story of the early days of Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday as some sort of supernatural film is ripe for disaster but it could be good. One line that caught my eye is this:
The Old West duo are best-remembered for the famous 1881 gunfight at the O.K. Corral in Tombstone, Ariz., which has been the subject of many movies -- some historically accurate and some not.
The best movies about Earp, Holliday and their showdown at the O.K. Corral have been the ones that were the least historically accurate so by all means Hollywood, give us complete fantasy.

I've never been a huge fan of Patrick Dempsey but I actually support his bid to play Dr. Strange. Why? He looks the part. In that picture in the Cinematical link, he really looks like Stephen Strange did during the time in his life when he was a hopeless alcoholic. If none of this makes sense and you have no idea who the hell Dr. Strange is, I envy the fact that you probably had a life filled with sunshine and happiness that had no room for comic books.

I'm fairly certain there are more people wanting to see Tango and Cash 2 or Breakin 3: Wireless Boogaloo than there are people demanding a new sequel to Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure but that isn't stopping Hollywood from making one. Keanu Reeves said it will tie in with the last movie, Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey which is great because I know that the few people that have gone to the trouble of committing that movie to memory wouldn't be satisfied otherwise. I'm not one of those people so you all feel free to do whatever the hell you want.

Why is this news? Groups made up of right wing blowhards complaining that television is making the baby Jesus cry will only be newsworthy the day they don't protest something. In this case, they're talking about something that hasn't even been made yet that will probably have nudity on the level we used to see on NYPD Blue, a show our society somehow managed to survive.

I really hope this article about the growth of small budget films aimed at a more mature audience is right and that movies like Black Swan and The King's Speech are part of a new trend and not just flukes at the box office. If not, we'll get more and more movies like, well, a third Bill and Ted film. The article is an interesting read and you should check it out. Not before you finish this, of course.

The producer of the new Twilight movie is asking the movie's fans to stop posting leaked images. I want everyone to ignore that request because of all the times they have ignored my request to stop making Twilight movies.

2 comments:

Joe Barlow said...

I'm laughing my ass off at your Twilight crack. Damn it, how'm I supposed to sit down now?

Joe Barlow said...

And of course, I'm the only guy in the world who could get his own URL wrong because he's laughing. Thanks a lot, Michael! :)