Thursday, October 23, 2008

Who Watches...You Know...Those Guys?

I'm really looking forward to The Watchmen movie coming out next year. I loved the series when it came out 20 decades ago and the footage I've seen of the movie looks better and better every time I see it. I don't like that I feel this way because I honestly can't see The Watchmen being successfully adapted to the screen which means that the more optimistic I am about its critical success, the more likely it is that I'll be devastated when it turns out to suck. Maybe it'll suck in an amusing way, like they'll add a cute, precocious kid or an intelligent monkey. Hell, why not both? That worked out great the last time a movie tried it. I suppose I'll end up taking my disappointment out on society. If you hear this coming March about a guy holding a theater full of people hostage demanding that all prints of The Watchmen be burned, you'll know who did it. Until that time, here's the footage from the Spike Awards that started this train of thought.

No comments: