Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Boycott WALL·E

Yeah, I said it, boycott the little bastard. Sure, it's a Pixar film which means it'll probably be good, possibly an instant classic. The film's quality has nothing to do with it. What I am trying to avoid is its blatant pro-robot agenda. Here's how I see the future:
  1. Everyone goes to see WALL·E.
  2. It becomes a mega-hit and all the little kids want their own robot.
  3. The robots become self-aware and our only choice after that is whether we get conquered by Skynet or the Matrix.
This would be the point where some killjoy skeptic comes along to tell me that toy robots wouldn't have that kind of brain power and where I would invite that skeptic to please kiss a generous portion of my ass while I put the finishing touches on the underground shelter in which I will ride out the rise of the machines.

Anyway, if my call to boycott WALL·E is successful, please knock on my shelter door and let me know.

Digg This.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how will you know if the person knocking is a terminator?

Unknown said...

how will you know if the person knocking is a terminator?

Hmm. Ok, dogs can sense terminators but I don't have a dog. Do you think my pet goldfish could sense it and find a way to let me know?