Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Filler Or Wonderfully Original Content? You Decide!

I find I lack the time today to do anything of real substance so instead I'm going to show you all a neat little video called The Remnants. It's a twelve minute web pilot that, if there is a God, will be picked up as a regular series. I'm really hoping it does get picked up since I want to be the first guy to say, "The Remnants isn't as good as it used to be." The show is set after some sort of worldwide Dawn of the Dead type disaster and follows a group of survivors who are remarkably ill-suited to being the last hope of humanity. This reminds me a lot of Buffy the Vampire Slayer in that it seems to be effortlessly lighthearted while also managing to deal with some very serious issues not only from the present situation of the characters but from the past as well. This has been around for a while but, as with all viral videos, it was months before I heard about it. It was only last week that I first heard about the Dancing Hamsters and "All Your Base Are Belong To Us".


The Remnants from John August on Vimeo.

No comments: