Thursday, May 29, 2008

Oh Come On!

I think the least plausible film to come out in a long time is tomorrow's release The Strangers, a movie about a a couple having a romantic weekend being terrorized by masked serial killers. Seriously, who the hell has time to spend an entire night in the woods scaring young couples? I don't know about you, but some of us have to get up in the morning and need a good night's sleep. What, serial killers don't have to work? And don't say, "Hey, maybe it was the weekend." My weekends are all chock full of errands and if I did get some free time I sure as hell wouldn't want to spend it at some remote cabin in the woods. Even if I was some sadist into things like tormenting couples I wouldn't do it in the woods. It'd probably take me forever to drive out there all for the pleasure of wearing some stupid mask under which I'll be sweating like a pig within 20 minutes and getting eaten alive by bugs. No attractive couples are having romantic getaways closer to at least some suburban area? And with the price of gas the way it is, I'm supposed to want to drive all the way out to some far off cabin just to kill someone when I could just as easily kill a guy on the next block?

I can believe in a guy flying around in a super advanced metal suit, a fantasy world ruled by a talking lion and a guy being upset when he wakes up to discover that he just had sex with Cameron Diaz much more easily than I can believe any of this. Nice try, movie.


Digg!

No comments: