Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sign of the Apocalypse

UPDATE: As I said, the numbers changed. Speed Racer is at 35% but What Happens In Vegas has dropped down to 26%. This, hopefully, means that the stars are no longer aligned and Cthulu is imprisoned back in his tomb.

Whoda thunk that we'd ever see the day where an Ashton Kutcher movie about a man sentenced by a judge to be married is actually gaining slightly better reviews than a hot summer season action flick made by the Wachowski brothers*? Personally, from what I've seen, the 35% rating for Speed Racer is way too high. I am perfectly willing to be surprised and defy the judgment of the Tomatometer by liking Speed Racer. I just don't think it'll happen.

Weep for me, nation, as I will weep for you.


*These numbers can change as new reviews come in.

No comments: