Thursday, March 10, 2011

Look At My Briefs -- 3/10/11

It's March 10, a day no one gives a crap about. To give it some sort of importance, I have decided to publish another edition of my brief comments on various subjects I like to call Look At My Briefs.

By what definition is Twilight: Eclipse an Indie film?

The news that Guillermo del Toro isn't going to direct a big budget adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft's At The Mountains Of Madness is a shame. If there's anyone who could have done Lovecraft justice, it's del Toro. He would have shown the book the proper respect while making changes necessary as it's really not something that would make an interesting movie, something that can be said of most of Lovecraft's work. On the other hand, I am now spared having to say, "This sucks. Did this A-hole del Toro even read the book?"

The answer to this question is no.

The answer to this question is yes.

I agree completely with Michael Bay that Transformers 2 was crap. Only difference is I was saying it two years ago. I sincerely doubt that Transformers 3 will be much better though I look forward to Bay's next apology two years from now.

At this point, it will only be newsworthy if some godawful problem isn't causing major delays of the Spider-Man musical. Most Broadway productions would be upset about being shut down till June but I'm betting the makers of Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark are saying, "Only June? Let's break out the champagne and party hats."

Coincidentally, this Hollywood Reporter headline is also the lead story in this month's issue of No Shit, Sherlock magazine.

The 3D re-release of Phantom Menace is coming out in February, 2012. The good news is that we'll start getting the good Star Wars movies in 2015.

No comments: