Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Assassination of Jesse James -- Etc.

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford...give me a sec please, my fingers are tired from typing all that. Hum a little tune to entertain yourself, perhaps.

There, that's better. I may write a longer review tomorrow, but the gist of it will be that the movie, like the title, was too damn long. It was decent, not a great movie by any measure but good in a lot of ways with much to recommend it including good performances by its two leads, Brad Pitt and Casey Affleck but there's at least 30 minutes or so that you could have cut out and not missed. I wish I had kept more detailed notes and could have just told you which parts to skip over when you buy /rent it. Still, I recommend that you do buy/rent it, or possibly just do one of those two. That seems cheaper and more sensible.

No comments: