Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Irrational Anger

I'm not looking forward to Owen Wilson's new movie, Drillbit Taylor. Not because I think it's going to be bad. Based on the trailer, which gave me a few decent laughs, I give it a 40% chance of being a decent flick. These are good odds for me to hand out since I prefer to be thoroughly convinced that comedies will suck, an action motivated by the fact that most comedies suck. That way, I'm not disappointed when they do suck and get to be pleasantly surprised when they don't.

Anyway, the reason I'm not looking forward to Drillbit Taylor is because I know that a variety of jackasses which will include even a few professional film critics will think it's wildly hilarious to say, "It's so bad I'm starting to understand why it is that Owen Wilson tried to off himself." As I think about this, I start getting pissed that a) anyone would be so stupid as to do something like that and b) that anyone would think such a lame joke was funny. So here I am, getting angrier and angrier for something that no one has actually done yet.

I just hope I don't succumb to the temptation to use it myself. Hey, you try coming up with new material.

No comments: