Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Since Before Your Sun Burned Hot In Space, I Have Awaited A Question

Questions:

1) Does anyone know why, when someone has a vision of the future and decides to share it with the world, they can't just say, "This event will happen at this time on this date," and instead doing stupid things like scribble loads of numbers on a sheet of paper and hope someone will figure it out before tragedy strikes?

2) As always, why don't they just leave the house when they find out it's haunted?

3) How long do you think they spent trying to think up titles before saying, "Screw it, let's just use the same title over again"?

4) Does no one know that they can stay home from the movies and see this character for free on TV?

5) If you were magically made young again, do you think you'd be such a fucking idiot about it?

The answer to all of these questions is 42.

2 comments:

FM said...

I am disappointed at your mixing of disparate science fiction references! Clearly, to make comedic sense and to not cause nerd apoplexy, the answer should have been 'Edith Keeler must die!'

Don't try to correct me or call me out, as it is the law of the universe, the law of the galaxy!

Unknown said...

Bah, I only follow Ape Law, and right now Ape Law says that anyone who disagrees with me is a big stupid buttface.

(You're lucky. I was going to go with an obscure quote from Harlan Ellison's never-broadcast original screenplay of "City on the Edge of Forever" but the only person on the planet who would have gotten it was me.)