Thursday, July 29, 2010

Look At My Briefs -- 7/29/10

So, we meet again. Now you shall se that student has surpassed the master when you read another round of my brief comments on various subjects I like to call Look At My Briefs.

What a shocking headline. I would have thought Transformers 3 would have Anthony Hopkins and Ian McKellen doing Shakespeare.

Oh, great, The Crow is being remade. Isn't that awesome? I can't wait to tell my grandkids that this was the day I heard about yet another big budget remake. I suppose I shouldn't complain since, if you're going to do remakes, The Crow is a good candidate. It had a decent premise that never panned out plus it spawned two even worse sequels. I hope they stopped at two, anyway. If they made more, I don't want to know. Who knows, maybe this remake will actually turn out all right HA HA HA yeah yeah, it will almost surely suck but I can dream.

Thanks to a glowing review that Leverage producer John Rogers put on his blog, I watched Session 9 streaming on Netflix and loved it. If you have Netflix, watch it as soon as you can. It's not a brainless slasher film though, judging by IMDB comments, it's sometimes lumped in with those. I had to think for a while to figure out what I had seen and what exactly had happened. You should definitely watch it to see what is possible for low budget horror films to do.

I was amused at entertainment sites this week as they reacted to Kim Kardashian's 14 year old sister, Kendall, posing for revealing bikini photos. Their basic reaction was, "We are outraged, OUTRAGED I SAY, at the sexual exploitation of such a young girl. This is wrong wrong wrong." The funny part of this would be the second part of their posts in which they would post the pictures. "Oh yes, we are outraged that these pictures, showcased prominently right here on this blog, exist. You can see for yourself as you view every luscious, forbidden inch of her in multiple page views why we have reacted so strongly to this enraging state of affairs." This is a typical example though I must warn you that the link is not safe for work.

God damn, do I have to hear Breaking Dawn rumors already? The 18 months between now and that movie's release are really going to suck. Still, six months after that, the Twilight Saga will end. Until they remake it. AAAAHHHHHH!

No comments: