Friday, February 13, 2009

In Defense Of My People

I'm sure most of you have seen or heard about this:



I really had no desire to comment on this whole "Miley's a racist" situation until today. First off, I really didn't want to try to defend Miley Cyrus again as I did that once before and, the way she's going, it looks like that could turn into a full time job. My defense would be that I have friends of different ethnicity and we sometimes poke fun at each other. It's something we can do based on the fact that we know each other very well and know that no one is being offended. We have learned where the line is and we don't cross it. However, if someone ever recorded what we said and put it on the internet, it would sound horrible. There is such a thing as context in situations like this and the automatic conclusion shouldn't be that Miley Cyrus or any of the other non-Asians in the picture are racists.

That's what I thought when I first saw that picture. I just didn't care enough about the whole deal to write about it.

Until today.

It turns out that someone claiming to represent, oh, pretty much every Asian everywhere is trying to launch a 4 billion dollar class action discrimination lawsuit against Miley Cyrus. I wouldn't have thought she even had 4 billion dollars. I guess she sold way the hell more of those Hannah Montana lunchboxes than I ever thought was possible. You know, I'm actually something like 1/64 Asian. This means...

MILEY CYRUS, YOU RACIST BITCH! Who the hell do you think you are anyway? So, Supreme Grand Dragon Miley Cyrus thinks it's funny to have slanted eyes. Isn't that just precious? I blame her parents, her country and whatever lame non-Asian god she worships. It is a well known fact that only really cool gods with multiple arms and animal heads can prevent a kid from growing up to be Archie Bunker. There is nothing, NOTHING you could ever do to clean the stain you have smeared on my soul. Well, there is one thing.

Please email me for details on where to send the 4 billion dollar check.

No comments: