Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Favorite Year

Today, February 5, 2009, is important to me for two reasons. The first is that, earlier, I had sex with Kate Beckinsale (go ahead, prove that I didn't). You'd think I'd spend all of today's post bragging about that but, because I'm so damn cool, instead I'll be talking about how one year ago today I decided to start a movie-themed blog and put up this review of Cloverfield for all the world to see.

The best thing about working on this site is that my writing now has something it never had before: discipline. I have set deadlines and commitments and mostly stuck to them even though I answer to no one but myself. I'm not sure if I've become a better writer but I do know I've at least become a better proofreader. The things I miss sometimes in the first draft absolutely amaze me sometimes. For example, this paragraph before proofreading looked like this:
My dick is so massive. I eat boogers. SPOON!
This time last year, it would have been posted like that, but not now.

I don't have a lot of readers but the ones I do have seem to like me. Some of you are very loyal and even log in several hits a day. This makes me wonder if you're all stupid enough to start paying a huge subscription fee for the stuff you're now currently getting for free. I'm hoping at least a few of you are retarded millionaires who will believe me when I say that you are now legally required to send me 10 grand.

Well, that's about it. President Obama will probably declare this to be Michael Clear Day later on so I have that to look forward to. Until then, let me say thanks for the great year and come back tomorrow when I'll either be writing one of my Right Wing Movie Reviews or something where I rip Hillary Duff a new one and no, that's not a euphemism for something we'd actually both enjoy.

No comments: