Monday, February 2, 2009

Hitting That Quickly

And now, with no further ado, I proudly present the latest edition of...

QUICK HITS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS.

The Super Bowl had several new movie ads. I think my favorite one is this teaser for G.I. Joe. I'm kind of hoping this movie never comes out now as it could not possibly live up to the expectations set from this ad. Another good one was for Transformers 2 which, if this link to AICN is anything to go by, is a movie in which the Autobots are conquered by the Germans.

It's been a while since I read Watchmen but I'm having a great deal of difficulty recalling any characters who were well endowed, bi-curious Nazis. I could look this up but, nah, let it be a surprise.

As I was writing this, the Super Bowl halftime show started playing so let me just say...BRUUUUUUCCCEEE! I hope he didn't hurt himself when apparently slammed crotch-first into a camera. He didn't seem to have any trouble hitting those high notes afterward so maybe it was a boon.

The third series of Skins is showing right now in the UK. I expressed my love for the show about British teens back in December and was worried when I read that most of the cast were given the heave-ho since they'd graduated. I'm pleased to say that the first two episodes were excellent and that not only is Skins one of the best written shows I've ever seen but that the producers have an amazing ability to successfully cast talented unknowns. Rent the DVD if you haven't seen it and then, if you live in America, try to wait patiently until BBC America starts running Series 3 here.

And in closing, to the "comedian" who dismissed Will Farell's Broadway show about George W. Bush with the words, "Like we care!" let me just say:

Ha ha ha you major league fuckwit.

No comments: