Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Been Down So Long...

...I don't know what up is anymore. Between a heavy workload and an injured foot, I don't have the spare time required to do this whole writing thing. As always, it is you, the readers, that suffer most. Seriously, I feel sorry for you. You're like Holocaust victims, only worse. Anyway, I will offer a few random observations.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I love dirty sounding headlines that aren't actually dirty.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

My skepticism that Stephen King's The Dark Tower series can be successfully adapted to the big screen is about on the same level as my skepticism that the world will be destroyed by a giant marshmallow man. Still, the project seems to be in the hands of the Lost guys and they just managed to slap together what, by all accounts, is a decent revival of the Star Trek series so I'll keep an open mind. It's hard to keep an open mind on the internet, of course. The whole thing is designed to allow people to endlessly hold onto their unproven, half-assed assumptions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Now and then, Roger Ebert likes to tantalize me with some obscure film he says is the greatest thing ever yet never seems to be showing anywhere. One of the best examples of this is Gates of Heaven, Errol Morris' first documentary about, of all things, pet cemeteries. Now he's doing it with Sita Sings The Blues, possibly the most independently independent movie of all time. He wrote about this a few months ago on his blog and now he's talking about it on his front page. I'd managed to successfully forget about it and now Ebert has shoved this unattainable gem onto my consciousness again. Screw you, Ebert.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm, that's not a bad amount of content for someone who said he didn't have time to write. What the hell are you people complaining about?

No comments: