Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Ouch

Turns out the "injured foot" I mentioned yesterday is a rather painful sprained ankle. This puts me in a non-writing mood today. Hopefully the drugs will kick in and I'll be back here with some awesome new stuff tomorrow. Buh bye.

Ohhhhhhhh...all right, one little thing before I go rest my foot.

What is the deal with Fringe? Do people actually stay home on Tuesdays to watch it and get upset if it's preempted by things like a Presidential speech or the World Parrot Show Championships? I reviewed the premiere episode back in September and, while it has improved, it's still not something I go out of my way to watch. Mainly, it doesn't do what all science fiction must do: suspend disbelief.

The advanced scientific feats performed in this show never seem to have much of a purpose other than to piss off the FBI agents who have to investigate them. The bad guys basically get together and say things like, "Hey, let's combine human and squirrel DNA to create a race of nearly unstoppable Man-Squirrels that feed on human flesh." Why do that? Who knows. All we do know is that they don't feel the need to take extra security precautions so the Man-Squirrels escape and wreak havoc before the show's heroes figure out that the squirrels can be killed by some far out solution they pull out of their asses.

Oh well, no one is forcing me to watch it and I've yet to meet anyone who wants to engage me in a long, boring conservation about Fringe trivia so I suppose I can put it in the category of Mostly Harmless and move on.

Anyway, that's all for now. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow. If not, I'll let you know, mainly because I don't think anyone should be having a good time if I'm not feeling well.

No comments: