Thursday, July 23, 2009

Look At My Briefs -- 7/23/09

Hey everyone, it's Thursday. If you're wondering why everything is great, why the Sun is shining a little more brightly and why your bagel tastes really awesome, it's because Thursday is the day you get the new edition of Look At My Briefs.

As an avid fan of World of Warcraft, I was more interested in what I would find the next time I cleaned my belly button than I was when they announced a WoW movie last year. I assumed it would be some piece of crap written by a computer and directed by the guy who did Meet Dave. Turns out I was wrong. Somehow, they actually managed to land Sam Raimi to direct their movie. I had no idea Blizzard (the company that makes the Warcraft games) was actually serious about making a decent movie. I figured they regarded the movie idea as a source of a large one-time payment and the result would be some hideous pseudo-film that would come out in early January and be gone in a week. Not that this particular scenario couldn't still happen, of course, as anyone who ever saw The Gift can tell you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do they still call it Comic-Con? Looking through their program, maybe 1/3 of what goes on there has anything to do with comics anymore. They could call it Dental-Hygiene-Con or Drillbit-Safety-Expo and be just as relevant. I'm calling for everyone to share my outrage and boycott Comic-Con! Am I doing this because I really wanted to go but couldn't swing it? In answer to that, let me present to you an extra large portion of Kiss My Ass. Just boycott the damn thing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

9 looks like it at least has the potential to be a great movie. I've yet to see anything that makes this movie look like it's infected with the Stupid Virus even though one of its producers is the director of the mindbogglingly stupid Wanted, a movie in which God hands out assassination orders by moving stitches in linen. The director, Shane Acker, was actually allowed to do expand his short feature of the same name and, from what has been said and heard, has more or less done it his way. That's just amazing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hercules at AICN lodged a minor complaint that neither Edward James Olmos nor Mary McDonnell received an Emmy nomination for the final season of Battlestar Galactica. Cool, I was looking for a reason to once again trash Battlestar Galactica. GO TO HELL YOU STUPID MISERABLE FUCKWITS! Can't wait till Battlestar Galactica: the Plan comes out later this year so I can do that again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

It's against my nature to post spoilers even when most people already know them. Still, I heartily encourage you to Google "Orphan ending spoiler" and discover for yourself why even people who'd never think of doing this normally are having a great deal of fun spoiling what may be the stupidest plot twist in the history of cinema.

No comments: